Thursday, 23 December 2010

G2's Snow White

I was lucky enough to be able to illustrate the Guardians G2 and their Xmas pantomine edition. The theme this year was Snow White and the seven dwarves, with some modern elements dotted in and around the story! I only had 6 days from sketches to finals so it was a bit of an intense deadline, especially since I work at a snails pace most of the time.

For the cover they wanted a traditional Evil Queen using an Ipad! I decided to keep the cowl and crown design that she's most famous for and luckily they liked my original sketches so this one went ahead quite quickly.



These were the sketches I provided for the first image, a 3/4 spread. I always find it difficult to know how detailed to go on the sketches. on one hand if you havn't worked with someone before you don't want them to be dissapointed but as I only had a short time they had to do, tiny pig and all.


Images 2 and 3, including an alternative sketch I did for 3:







Image 4


So I think the project went quite well, I'd like to have had a bit more time tweaking and adding to the images but then I'd also like be able to fly so we can't have everything.

Art direction by Andrew Stocks and Jo Cochrane :)




2 comments:

  1. these are wonderful! i love the modern element! happy christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAH! nice concept man =) and a great product

    ReplyDelete