Saturday, 19 February 2011

Grass, Birds, Masks, Glasses

Couple of personal pieces here. Been doing some work for which I can't show til April so I'm working through some drawings I did a while back. Trying to evolve my style a little bit, Kept thinking that it was somehow a bit too sterlie and clean and I'm working on using more brush stroke style colouring techniques and trying to find a balance I like between this traditional brush stroke feel and the precise digital colouring I'm used to.


EDIT: Re-drew the mask for the girl lying in the grass, I don't usually go back to images once they are drawn but I kept thinking something wasn't right with this one. I think the tiger mask captures the feel I was originally trying to go for. Slightly more playful than my usual themes.








Colouring some more Inked pieces I have, ordering some postcards and hopefully re-designing to website next week.

4 comments:

  1. the woman with the birdhouse in her hair is brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! a friend just sent me a link to your blog and i just have to tell you that your work is amazing... the lines, the colours... absolutely mind blowing.

    I'm studying graphic design in cape town and your find your work so inspiring.

    Best regards,
    Aimee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thankyou thats so kind of you to say! Much appreciated

    ReplyDelete